Governor Newsom has requested all gatherings of 250 or more people should be cancelled. In light of this request, we’ve moved March Mingle to September 16th 7-10 pm.
March Mingle 2020 will be held as planned, unless a COVID-19 outbreak occurs in San Diego. We are closely monitoring the news and recommendations from the local, state, and federal health organizations, and will postpone the event until October if necessary.
Our decision is based on the risk of infection being low, since March Mingle is a local event attended by local people. The cases reported in San Diego are few, and we trust that our attendees are well-informed and thoughtful enough to stay home if they’re sick, or have recently traveled to areas with outbreaks.
If we do need to cancel, March Mingle will be postponed and attendees will have the option of keeping their tickets for the later event, or of being refunded.
Here are the precautions we are planning:
- We are capping attendance at 400 to ensure the event is not crowded (venue capacity is 750).
- There will be alcohol handrub on every table.
- All tickets are fully refundable so you can make your own decision up to the night before.
- Shared surfaces (door handles, POS systems, tables) will be disinfected regularly.
- A warning message will be sent to all attendees the day before the event advising:
- Do not attend if you have a fever, dry cough, or unusual shortness of breath.
- Do not attend if you have visited any of the countries identified by the CDC as Level 3 Travel Health Notice (currently China, Iran, Italy and South Korea).
- Greet fellow attendees with a Vulcan salute instead of handshake.
- If you happen to cough or sneeze, direct into left elbow or under shirt collar
- Stay at least 6′ away from anyone coughing or sneezing openly
- Disinfect hands: wash with soap when you can; use handrub in between
- Try not to touch your face unless you’ve just disinfected your hands
Stay logical and safe out there!